Monday 10 June 2013

My Busy Year Thus Far!

Hi everyone!
Sorry it's been a while, I've had quite an eventful year thus far!

I have been to Italy for the first time, which is absolutely beautiful! I would recommend it to anyone! Here is a couple of pictures, I took tonnes but these are my favourites :]

    

I love that duck :]
This reminds, I took some lovely pictures at Blackpool Zoo last weekend I will post them later in the week :]

Several other things have gone on, but more recently, I decided to quit my job as Shop Manager of the Tattoo Studio. I feel like there has been a lot of controversy over this, especially as it meant I would be unemployed, but I had very good reasons to and I feel like it was definitely the right decision.
I won't go into too much detail, but all my life I have been a talented artist. I don't take pride in many things I do, but I have always excelled at drawing. After being refused a position in the shop as a Tattoo Artist I felt like everyday was a waste of my potential and I needed to get out.
I am now doing some freelance work and working part-time for my Dad's company, I spend everyday drawing and digital painting, I am so much happier in knowing that every hour I spend drawing will pay off, so I draw 5-6 hours a day - 5 days a week :]

The only hurdle in this decision is that I am earning a lot less money than I was and only just have enough to pay my bills. It's definitely a sacrifice but I have worked nearly 6 years in retail and think it's time I aimed higher. I have decided I will only except a job if it means I can excel creatively, I don't want to waste anymore time. Life is just too short for that :]

Unfortunately, due to having no money or much spare time, my progress on my current cosplays (Solty Revant, Matryoshka Gumi and Night Elf Druid) is very slow... Our cosplay website is still being updated though with the other girls progress, so please check it out!

Some more big news :D!! Just before I left my job I managed to scrap enough money together to go to Blizzcon this year ^_^! I am so excited! I will do a separate post on that, but I really can't wait!

Wow this is a long one! Ok last 2 things, I am going to add a few sections to my blog. The E3 conference is later tonight so I would like to write some thoughts on what is revealed, I would also love some feedback from what everyone else thinks so please join in the discussion :]

I also want to start a healthy eating/living section, despite not having very much income at the moment I was expecting to struggle to buy good, healthy food but I'm finding it really easy to keep healthy. My exercise regime could do with a bit of work. But I haven't put on an inch of weight since I commited to spending 5-6 hours a day sat on my bum drawing! So I will entitle it something witty like Skinny Geeks or Nutritious Nerds :]

Ok, that's just about everything! I will try make this a little more regular and hopefully my new topics will attract some lovely new faces :]

Take care everyone, be happy and look after yourselves x



No comments:

Post a Comment