Saturday 19 January 2013

From 'Directions' to 'Special Effects'

Hey!

So one of my New Years Resolution this year was to try out some different hair dyes! I love having pink hair and I don't ever want to change it :) so I want to find a dye that I love and stick to it.
Last year I used 'La Riche Directions - Flamingo Pink' I diluted it 50-50 with conditioner (see my YouTube video) so create the colour below. Although I really like the colour, one wash and it would faded to a very unattractive pinky orange :-/!

I've tried several things:
- Washing my hair and then applying a conditioning spray
- Washing it twice a week and using lots of dry shampoo
- Mixing pink dye into my conditioner

And none of these prevented it fading So I have decided to try 'Special Effects - Atomic Pink'. It is much more expensive, Directions usually retails at around £3.50 - £4.00, whereas the average price of Special Effects is £12.99. You seem to get more in the bottle than you do in the tub but there is still a massive price difference!

So below you will see a comparison of the two (first is Directions, second is Special Effects), I will be updating every time I wash my hair and showing you how it progressively fades and how long it lasts until I have to buy another bottle!
Also worth mentioning that by adding conditioner to my Directions I tend to use 2/3 of a tub. I didn't add any conditioner to my Special Effects but I had to use 3/4 of the bottle! So let's see if its worth the money!
Keep checking my YouTube channel for updates too :) xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment